Monday 21 December 2015

Brow Routine | Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade


Eyebrows are probably one of the first things people notice about me. I don't know if its because I'm from Liverpool and 'scousebrows' are embedded into my DNA, but I can't leave the house without my 'eyebrows on'. I always get random people complementing them so thought it's maybe time to share my secret, ha!

I came across Anastasia Beverly Hills after seeing their Instagram and falling in love. All of the celebrity's use it and have perfect brows, so I had to try it. Ive previously tried eyebrow pencils and eyeshadow which were okay, but the dipbrow pomade looked new and exciting. As it is an American brand I had to search for online stockists and found that Beauty Bay sold it. This meant that unfortunately I couldn't try out different colours so just opted for the medium brown colour. 

I bought this in march and use it everyday and there is still this much left!

As soon as it arrived I fell in love!! At first it took me about 20 minutes to perfect my eyebrows, but after about a month a could do them within minutes. They really have transformed my eyebrows so much. If you like a power brow then you definitely need to try this. I don't think I could go back to a powder or pencil again, they just don't look as sharp as I'd like them to look. Below I've inserted some different pictures of my brows. They don't look exactly the same in each picture, but that's probably a good thing. You can somewhat tailor them to the occasion- I never thought I'd be saying that ha!



My eyebrows are naturally quite thick, but the dipbrow pomade allows you to fill in sparse areas and shape them however you want. The product just glides on and is so unbelievably easy to use. If you want them dark and thick you just apply more product to the brush, and if you want them lighter then just apply less. I like to apply lots of the product underneath my brow and at the ends to perfect the shape, and then apply less product at the beginning of my eyebrows so they aren't too harsh. Kinda like on ombre dip dye effect.. The clues in the name of the product!

If you decide to buy the Dipbrow Pomade then you need to buy the eyebrow brush. The one I bought is the number 12 brush, which has a thin angled brush one end with a spooley brush on the other end. (Is spooley a word?!) You need to have a very thin brush for the product to be effective. You are trying to create hair like lines, so a thick brush wouldn't do the job. The spooley then makes life easier for yourself as you can brush the product through your eyebrows creating that ombre effect, whilst brushing them into place. Although the brush costs just as much as the actual product it is and investment and will last forever as long as you look after it.

So yeah, I rate this product a 10/10 and it has truly transformed my eyebrows! Just look at my previous blog posts if you don't believe me!

Love Kelsey xx 





No comments:

Post a Comment