Thursday 1 October 2015

Monthly Favourites | September



What way to return to your blog after a few months than a monthly favourites? I've finished University and I'm slowly starting to get a life schedule together again and have found so many things I want to blog about! Reviews, hauls and just general rants about different things. So I'm finally going to fall in love with blogging again and am aiming for a posts a week.. Fingers crossed!

So this month there's quite a few skin products, and a few products I love because of the smell. Palmers Cocoa Butter is a mixture of both those things. I feel as though this product is one of those things that have been out for years, and people always seem to have them in their houses, but the bottles always looked a little 'basic'. I was in Asda and wanted a cheap moisturiser, and saw that this was one of the cheapest, yet not too cheap, options. And oh my god it smells amazing. Exactly like chocolate. Normally I like to go for something fresh and flowery, but I'm converted. It makes your skin super soft and it smells like chocolate for hours. If you love chocolate, then you need this in your life!

One of my new essential handbag items is Victoria's Secret Fragrance Mist in Love Spell. Victoria's Secret is one of those places that always smells amazing, and every time I go in I spend just as long smelling the fragrances, as I do looking for underwear. I bought this in May when the Trafford Centre had a Student Lock In and they had different promotions in different stores. This had to be my favourite one of all of them. The smell is described as Cherry Blossom & Peach (coincidence?) but I think it just smells like sweets! It's so perfect for throwing in your handbag. Sometimes I'm on my to work and realise I've forgotten to put perfume on that day, need a little freshening up or sometimes the surroundings/people smell...! Since buying it I've noticed so many people with different scents of this product in their handbag, I recommend it so much!

I was recently in Primark buying some socks and discovered that they now sell makeup! I was a little wary of it, but for 80p I thought a nail varnish wouldn't hurt. To my surprise this Primark Nail Varnish is so good! I wanted a nice nude coloured nail varnish that isn't opaque and isn't really expensive, and this nail varnish ticked both these boxes! I can't seem to find the exact colour of this nail varnish, but they had so many colours that I cant wait to go back and stock up!

My skin care routine isn't the best. I tend to just use a face wipe most nights, which I know isn't the best, but a proper skin care routine takes so much effort. I keep seeing the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water everywhere and decided to finally buy it. You just apply it to a little cotton pad and it takes your makeup straight off. I tend to wear quite a lot of makeup on a day to day basis, so to make sure its actually off I like to follow with Garnier Softening Cleansing Lotion. It is pretty much the exact same thing, apart from the fact its more of a moisturiser. The only reason I use both is because I find the Micellar Cleansing water is easier to take off eyemakeup, whilst the Cleansing Lotion makes your skin feel nice and soft right before bed. I feel like these products have dramatically improved my skin care routine so much, as it takes 5 minutes at most to use, and makes your skin soft, clean and fresh.

The last product in my monthly favourites is Marc Jacobs Honey Perfume. Firstly how cute is the bottle?! Its got polka dots, stripes bees and pearls! Marc Jacobs always go all out on their perfume bottle designs. It has quite a sweet summer smell to it, definitely a day perfume. I feel like the smell is quite distinct, I couldn't compare it to many other perfumes- in a good way! The only thing I'm a little upset about is that it's now turning into Autumn so I wont be able to use this perfume as much anymore.. :-(

Thanks for reading and I hope I haven't bored you too much! I've got new blog posts lined up and ready to go so make sure you follow my social media links so you can be updated as to when they go up!

Kelsey xx


No comments:

Post a Comment