Tuesday 23 June 2015

Superdrug Beauty Haul


Recently I went into Superdrug and did quite a bit of damage to bank account. Like most trips to Superdrug/Boots, I only went in for one item and ended up coming out with a lot more. I think it might be impossible to go beauty product shopping without over spending!

I haven't had the best luck with money recently so decided instead of going into Selfridges and spending way too much money, I thought I would see whats in Superdrug. Unlike Selfridges were you are constantly harassed by sales women, Superdrug is a bit of a free for all. You find yourself looking at so many things you don't need! I'm a little wary of 'drugstore brands', but I feel like I can trust Rimmel, Maybeline and L'oreal.

Rimmel Moisture Renew - 180, L'oreal Color Riche - J Lo's Nude, L'oreal Color Riche - 233, Maybelline Baby Lips Electro - Berry Bomb, Rimmel Lasting Finish - 016

Maybelline Baby Lips Electro - Berry Bomb 
I am in love with my Baby Lips in Cherry Me, so when I saw the new Electro range, I knew I had to buy one. If you haven't tried Baby Lips yet then you need to! They make your lips so soft and Berry Bomb gives you an ever so slight purple tint to your lips. I always reach for Baby Lips when I want a bit of colour on my lips without it being too bold.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick - 016
I kind of picked this up by accident as I thought it was slightly different. After getting home and trying it on I actually quite like it. It is a dark/bright pink (almost red) and very pigmented. I probably wouldn't wear it because it's so bright, but if you like that colour then definitely buy it!

Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick - 180
This shade was a lot more purple than I originally thought. It is moisturising like the name suggests, but I cant say that I've actually ever been tempted to wear it.

L'oreal Color Riche - J Lo's Nude
This colour is as the name states - nude. There isn't much to the lipstick so I was quite dissapointed. I mean it gives a slight tint and moisturising look to your lips, but many products do a better job.

L'oreal Color Riche - 233
This is quite a sheer colour, so when I first swatched I was very dissapointed. It's a nude colour with shimmers of gold (and smells really nice). After trying it on I decided I actually really like it! Its subtle enough to wear everyday, whilst still giving you that polished look. I really like this product, and its the lipstick I have ended up using most out off all the lipsticks I bought that day.


L'OrĂ©al Contour Parfait Lip Liner 657 Rosewood and Rimmel Lasting Finish 1000 Kisses Lip Liner - Indian Pink 
L'Oreal Contour Parfait Lip Liner - 657 Rosewood
This lip liner is amazing! I recently bought and lost MAC Soar Lip Liner (don't take expensive makeup on nights out), and wanted to buy a cheaper alternative. After researching it, I found out that Rosewood was a dupe for the colour, and they aren't wrong! This is by far my go to lip liner and wear it all the time. It's very Kylie Jenner (she uses MAC Soar) and you can wear almost any nude lipstick over the top of it. It stays on for ages, I couldn't recommend this enough!

Rimmel Lasting Finish 1000 Kisses Lip Liner - Indian Pink
So I bought this colour by accident as it went nicely with Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick - 016 (see above). It doesn't go on as easy as the L'Oreal lip liner, so requires a little more effort, but once its on it looks nice. If you're looking for a cheap lip liner then I would recommend this. 


Maybelline Matte Maker Powder - 10 Classic Ivory
Maybelline Matte Maker Powder - 10 Classic Ivory
So being a student, theres a few makeup items I don't mind buying cheaper versions of, and powder is one of them. I find that my foundation tends to stay on all day anyway, so I just use powder to make my foundation more matte. I wasn't really sure which shade I would be as there was a couple to choose from, so ended up staying safe and buying the lightest shade. I really like this powder, I can't really tell the difference between this and a MAC powder. I could be wrong, but I feel like it's not massively pigmented, so the shade you choose doesn't make a massive difference. It has enough pigment to even out your skin tone a little, without looking cakey. It gives your makeup a very flawless and finished look.

Rimmel Lash Accelerator Serum
Rimmel Lash Accelerator Serum
So this mascara was free when I bought so many products with Rimmel. I think it was 3 for 2 so I felt like mascara is something you always need. My all time favourite mascara is Benefit They're Real, as I prefer a plastic wand/brush, so this is very similar to it. I actually really like this product, and have been using it now that I've finished my Benefit mascara. It really separates your eyelashes without making them look spidery. It also doesn't smudge/run down your face like I find a lot of cheap mascaras do, which is a big plus for me!

Tanya Burr Peaches & Cream Nail Varnish
Tanya Burr Nail Varnish - Peaches & Cream
I really do love Tanya Burr's nail varnish! She has created the prettiest colours that stay on for ages without chipping. I find that they are also really easy and smooth to apply, and don't dry out like a lot of cheaper nail varnishes. This colour is so nice! Its a peachy nude colour, perfect when you don't want to add much colour to your nails. I'm not supposed to wear nail varnish for work, but I hate having nothing on my nails, so find this colour is the perfect nude colour. I have never been complimented so much for my nail varnish than when I wear this shade!

Sorry I do blab on a bit when reviewing things! I just like to give an honest opinion and write about what I'd want to read about products. So let me know whether you agree/disagree with anything I have wrote about.

Kelsey xx

No comments:

Post a Comment