Sunday 5 October 2014

Baking | University Style


Today I was having a lazy Sunday with two of my housemates Lucy and Dill, and we decided to finally make the Barbie cupcakes which have been sat in the cupboard for ages. I thought I'd take a few pictures to help you make your own Barbie cupcakes. Before you read this, this is a bit of a joke post.. Don't take it too seriously!


Firstly, mix the cake powder with an egg and water until you get a runny consistency. As you can tell, we didn't have a mixing bowl or a whisk so we used a large pan and fork. It did the job fine though!


Spoon all the mixture into the cases. There's not really enough mixture for all 12 cases, so just be a little careful about how much mixture you put in. Then pop them into the oven for 12 minutes. 


As you're a student and don't want to much to clean up, rinse out the pan with water then empty the icing powder into it. Add a tablespoon of butter and water and mix with a spoon. For some reason the icing turns yellow.. I don't know why its not Barbie pink?! 


Cool the cupcakes on a wire rack when you take them out of the oven. Once they're cool, spoon the icing on. Like the cake mix, there isn't enough icing for 12 cupcakes. I made the mistake of putting loads of icing on the first cupcakes and then barely any on the other cakes. Sprinkle the hearts on when you're finished.


As you can tell, the cakes don't look that great when they're finished. They didn't really taste to great either to be honest. They weren't very 'Dollicious' (their words not mine). I'd recommend buying different cakes actually! 

This is a bit of a random post but I've had a bit of bloggers block recently. I've scheduled a bunch of posts for the next couple of weeks, so make sure you follow me on Blog Lovin and Twitter so you know when they're uploaded!

Kelsey xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment