Thursday 25 September 2014

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation and Eyeliner

I have been lusting after Nars Sheer Glow Foundation for so long, as its been raved about by pretty much every beauty blogger. If you have read my previous blog post about what foundation I normally use, then you will know I find it quite hard to find foundation which suits my skin type. I find that although MAC Pro Longwear foundation is great for my skin as it gives me a long lasting full coverage, it feels a little thick on my skin. 

Over the Summer I have been choosing to wear a BB Cream as it doesn't feel so heavy, but now I want a foundation which still has a good coverage whilst not so heavy. Every time I have been into Selfridges, I've picked up a few foundation samples so that I can try them on properly before spending money on them. 

I got samples for both Nars Sheer Glow and Nars Sheer Matte foundation. Even though I knew Sheer Matte was designed for oily skin and I have very dry skin, I decided to still try it. Yup, it definitely made my skin even drier! The sample bottles they give out are 4ml, so unlike most samples, you can use it quite a few times before it runs out. This was perfect for me as I found I had a little love hate relationship going on with the Sheer Glow foundation. Some days it would make my skin look super healthy and 'glowing', whilst if I was having a particularly dry skin day, it would stick to the dry bits. 

Recently I went to the doctors about my skin and they gave me a little gel which I was very skeptical of. I didn't think it would do anything but it actually made my skin so much better! I very rarely have dry skin days and I don't have to religiously moisturise everyday now! So after using the Sheer Glow sample again once my skin was better, I knew I had to buy it.

Nars Sheer Glow feels very light and silky on your face, making you look like you aren't wearing any makeup. It has a build able coverage and is even supposed to improve your skin type if you use it everyday! I have now decided that this is my day time foundation, and my MAC Pro Longwear foundation will be my night out foundation. My only negative about this foundation is that I now need to buy a pump for it. This foundation is quite pricey at £31.00, so I decided to wait a little while and get a pump when its not so full and easy to get out.



When  I bought the foundation, it was during the Student Lock In at the Trafford Centre. If you don't know what that is, then its basically just a student event were there is big student discounts in most shops for that night. Although I kind of knew Selfridges wouldnt have any discounts on their makeup brands, I was shocked to find out that on Nars counter, if you spent over £30 you got a free eyeliner. The eyeliner I received was Nars Larger Than Life Long-wear Eyeliner in Via Veneto (black).

Even thought it's only sample sized, I was still made up as I tend to use black eyeshadow as my lower lid eyeliner. I find it annoying having to sharpen pencils and sometimes they can be hard to put on. This eyeliner is really good though! It is quite creamy meaning its really easy to apply, and it has a twist up bottom so there's no sharpening involved! I will probably purchase the full size once I've used it all.

I am always super impressed by how big Nars samples are as they give you a chance to actually use the product a few times before you purchase the full size. I am excited to try out more of Nars products. I would love to hear what you think of either of these products in the comments section! 

Kelsey xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment